Project Firefly: Regular to Maritime Reserves
Some of the many benefits to be had for a commitment of just 24 days RNR and 26 days RMR include:
• Good rates of pay, pension and a respectable annual tax-free bounty (currently upto £1759).
• A more stable work life balance, with an initial 2 year harmony period (although, you are still expected to commit to your annual commitment days of 24 RNR and 26 RMR).
• Opportunities to take up full time positions through FTRS or part time work through Additional Duties Commitments (ADC) or Man Training Days (MTD).
• Project Firefly offers the Naval Service Leaver an opportunity to seamlessly transfer from Regular Service into the Maritime Reserve either Royal Naval or Royal Marine Reserve.
• As a Reservist you are well rewarded for your time, earning extra money, accruing an (additional) pension and receiving an annual tax free bounty of upto £1759.
• It provides opportunities for continued professional development and promotion.
• Offers a chance to remain a part of the Naval/Corps Family.
• An opportunity to network!
• Project Firefly has since, its inception in April 2013, seamlessly transferred over 800 highly-skilled SL’s into the Maritime Reserves (MR).
• It has attracted considerable political, public and media interest and is influencing the size and shape of the Reserve Forces, which are an integral part of the UK’s Defence capability.
• A first this Year is FIREFLY will be holding its own Recruitment Fair in Portsmouth on the 28th September. For further details and/or to register your interest in attending please use the further information contact details.
• The project is widely advertised through both Naval internal communication and external media channels; as well as regular attendance at the Nationwide CTP Employment Fairs.
• The maximum joining age is 56 for RNR and 51 for RMR.
The Firefly team are willing to travel and brief groups or conduct individual interviews.
Further information can be found in 2015DIN 01-213,
or call 02392 628784/8677.